Saturday, October 13, 2012

Stephanie's Birthday!

This has been on the greatest Birthdays EVER!!!

Annette came up and watched the kids, so we could go overnight to Park City. Its amazing how you can just go to the other side of the mountain and truly feel as though you are in another state. First, lets rewind just a little and start from the begining. Annette came up on Thursday and we met her in Santaquin at the Red Barn.
We took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch, picked pumpkins, did a kiddie maze and watched the kids go down there huge white slides. It was really fun. Janine crazy enough was the timid one this trip. Usually that role isn't hers, but she claimed it this time. She eventually went down and then of course we couldn't get her off of the slides....Funny how that works.
The next Eric and I left and headed up to Park City where I was in need of new clothes. I had 3 pairs of pants to my name. One that fit, a comfy one, and then skinny jeans. Ya, I don't wear the skinnies too much. Needless to say this shopping experience was alot of fun! Its way way to hard to shop for clothes with 3 kids. So I never do it. Eric took me to Tanger Outlets Mall and we walked the whole thing! We were so tired by the end. However, we did quite well. I got a few new pair of pants, new shoes and a few shirts. I think I will be goo again for awhile. :o)
For dinner we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and OH MY GOSH! We have never been to a better steakhouse. The food there is amazing! The atmosphere was cool too. We had a great time. After dinner we went back to the hotel where they had all the fixings to make smores outside by the fire pits. We were sickly full but had to take advantage as much as we could. So we cooked up a marshmallow and had a smore!
We stayed at the Waldorf Austoria Hotel. I have never been to a nicer hotel. They have a day spa in the lower levels where I was able to get a facial done. It was awesome. I really wanted to get my nails done all Halloweenish but didn't have time. While I was at the spa, Eric went to the gym for an hour where he said it was the best work out. Their machines were amazing.
Then on Saturday we came back to Provo to cheer on the cougars as they played Oregon State! We are the front row at the very bottom on the 40 yard line! We had to stand the entire game so we could see above the players on the side lines! This game was so awesome. So much fun to be at.
Our voices are little hoarse now, because we yelled pretty much the whole game!
This trip was for my birthday yes, but it was a vacation for Eric as well. A little getaway before the busy season really kicks into high gear. So we splurged and man it was the best Fall break Birthday ever!

No comments: